Friday, February 24, 2012

The Carousel Permanent Magnet Motor/Generator

    This is a simple electrical generator powered by permanent magnets alone. This generator can
also be used as a motor. The construction is not particularly complicated as shown below:

It is arranged so that permanent magnets are associated with every second coil set around the rotor.
Operation is self-powered and the magnet arrangement is clearly defined:

And the physical arrangement of the device is not particularly complicated:


The generator is patented under US patent. The patent has a detailed description of the Generator. It is patent 5,625,241. This is a patent which is definitely worth reading and considering, especially since it is not a complicated presentation on the part of the authors, Harold Ewing, Russell Chapman and David Porter. This seemingly very effective generator appears to be overlooked at the present time. It seems quite clear that permanent magnet motors are a wholly viable option for the home constructor and they are capable of substantial power outputs over long periods, however, it should be noted that motors using magnets alone are notoriously difficult to get operational and while it can be done, motors which use moving shielding or pulsed electrical shielding are much more viable for the first-time constructor. Google for the patent if you need it now, or check back at my blog, for the patent during my subsequent posts..

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Buy Magnetic Assemblies are constructed from more than one material. Usually this consists of one of the above magnet material and a metal coating or housing.Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do You have David Porter's magnetic motor/generator Plan's, pdf, etc? It first looked like morray's device, but it's not, since this has been posted for a few year's I was Praying that You or someone could help Me to build one of these for my shop~ (I'm disabled due to being crushed by a truck driven by a illegal drunk driver & I lost my home, my wife & nearly everything I owned) now I'm barely able to walk & I've been forced to live on $650 a month, after rent, bill's, copays, etc. I'm left with very little money to spend on magnets & thing's like that to explore this, new to Me, field of great interest. Thank You for Your time, Rick.

    ReplyDelete